Instead of going into an in-depth review of the Braun 7891 Silk-Epil 7, we’ll simply refer you to our Silk-epil 7681 epilator review as the two share more similarities than differences. What we’d like to do with this review is let you know the differences between the two, and why you should or shouldn’t consider each.
What’s new with this model?
The Braun Dual attempts to add a razor to an epilator in the pursuit of ultimate smoothness. To be honest, I think this is the only real difference apart from the fact that you are sacrificing the trimmer cap and the facial cap.
Why would you buy this over the 7681?
The Dual is still essentially the same highly recommended device as the 7681. In my opinion, whether you go for this or the Braun Series 7 7681 is a question of features. The use of a razor and an epilator in one certainly made for more effective hair removal, but only slightly.
- The same best-selling epilator
- The option to shave at the same time for instant and more effective smoothness
- You can still use the epilator cap if you don’t want to use the shaver
- Anti-slip grip
- Charging stand
- No facial epilating (the part can be bought separately online HL)
- Less battery life when using both the epilator and the shaver
- Replacement shaver caps have to be bought as the razor will go blunt
- May result in uneven hair regrowth
In all honesty, we weren’t terribly impressed with the Braun Silk-epil 7871 Dual. While the charging stand was a nice addition if only for convenience, it doesn’t justify the increased price tag. If you were on the fence about the two, we would have to recommend the Silk-Epil 7681. It’s far more versatile, and if you wanted to buy the smoothing cap it’s actually compatible with the 7681, and can be bought separately.