Intense Pulsed Light (IPL), along with laser, is a long-term solution for minimizing hair growth. It works on the principle that light energy is absorbed by high-pigmented areas like your facial or bodily hair, which are is then heated up. The heat damages the follicles, eventually slowing down hair growth.
However, unlike laser treatments, which comprise of just one particular wavelength, IPL has multiple wavelengths that get absorbed within the skin.
As broad-spectrum light spreads out naturally, the coverage that IPL hair removal devices offer is far greater as compared to laser. This may mean that results can be achieved a lot quicker since larger areas can be treated in one go. In addition to that, they may also be significantly more cost-effective.
At present day, you can choose from an array of IPL hair removal devices which you can use in the comfort of your home and save big on professional treatments. We will be comprehensively reviewing the Braun Gillette Venus Silk-Expert IPL 5008 today. Let’s dive in.
- Long-lasting – 300,000 flashes offer an equal of 15 years of complete body treatments
- Exclusive SensoAdapt skin tone sensor constantly reads your skin complexion and changes the light sensitivity accordingly
- Clinically tested for effective and safe use at home
- Two treatments in one product – Besides the IPL hair removal technology, you also get a facial exfoliating brush to cleanse your skin after the treatment is complete.
- Suitable for both body and face as well large areas such as arms or legs. An arm or leg can be treated in merely 8 minutes, without compromising on the quality of the hair removal process.
- Simple and elegant – perfect for beginners
- Contains all the treatment and safety features that you would expect
- Comes with a built-in UV filter to protect your skin.
- An aesthetically-pleasing design
- A little on the pricier side
- Some users complain about the efficiency of the device on certain skin/hair types. For instance, the product didn’t do very well on darker skin tones.
- Doesn’t come with a protective pouch or cleaning cloth
- Could be improved with a treatment option for the upper lip and other tricky and uneven areas.
Suitable Skin Tones and Body Hair Colors
You can use the Braun Gillette Venus Silk-Expert IPL 5008 on black, brown, dark brown, dark blonde hair colors. You can also use it on light to medium dark skin tones.
However, you cannot use it on red, light blonde, white or grey hair as well as brownish black and darker skin tones. In addition to that, the product should not be used on black or brown spots such as moles, warts and birthmarks.
This is because darker skin tones will absorb the light, causing potential burns. This is a common limitation of most IPL hair removal devices on the market today. For options for darker skin, check out this article.
Specs and Features
No device is quicker and more straightforward to use than the Braun Venus-silk expert IPL 5008. It is pretty quick and easy to use on the skin and the 300,000 flashes last you a lifetime.
The normal mode offers you the full power and skin adaptation at any given time. In the gentle mode, the device adapts to the various skin tones as precisely and quickly as in the normal mode – just on a lower level of energy.
When it comes to the extra gentle mode, the device minimizes the energy levels all the way to the lowest for the maintenance phase, sensitive areas or beginners. The gliding mode can be used for a more efficient and faster IPL treatment. Simply use the glide mode to stimulate more flashes that will help you take care of any missed areas.
The Braun IPL design is an elegant one and also practical. It adjusts to your skin tone prior to each flash, so that your skin remains nice and safe from any injury. The fast-paced process flashes every 1 – 2 seconds- which means it is one of the fastest IPL devices available, allowing you to remove hair from a full leg in just a matter of 8 minutes. This is a huge advantage over other devices!
For best results, you will require about 12 weekly treatments over a span of 11 weeks. Significant results can be achieved after just 6 treatments. After you have completed the beginning phase, you will require less maintenance treatments in order to stay silky smooth.
The build specification, incredible design and performance features set the device apart and make it one of the best devices available. Especially suited for full-body treatments and lager areas, the Braun Gillette Venus Silk Expert IPL 5008 has incredible customer reviews.
Should I Buy the Braun Gillette Venus-Silk Expert IPL?
If you can afford the price tag, definitely yes. Though it can be a little pricey, the Braun 5008 IPL hair removal device is totally worth the money. Not only is it fast, use-friendly and effective, but it will last you a very long time and help you economize a great deal on money that you would otherwise spend on professional hair removal treatments.
The hair removal sessions are incredibly fast so you can get a smooth hairless body in no time, and without getting tired or agitated. The SensoAdapt sensor keeps your skin protected, and ensures simple and effective treatments. Plus, the bonus exfoliator helps you optimize your self-pampering treatment.
Last but not least, the device feels expensive and premium, and will truly give you a sense of luxury when using it. From the classy packaging to the elegant rose-gold color and the chic lines, all the way to the balanced ergonomic design and user-friendly controls, the Braun Venus-Silk IPL will truly make you feel pampered.